= Packaging =
xmonad in Fedora is provided by 3 subpackages:
- xmonad-basic: just the base window manager and X session files
- xmonad: additionally installs the devel library files needed to configure and customize xmonad
- xmonad-mate: additionally includes a mate session file and requires mate-session-manager and terminal
= Starting from GDM =
xmonad can be started from GDM by selecting "xmonad" in the session menu.
For MATE support please install xmonad-mate
and select "xmonad MATE" in GDM's session menu.
= xmonad-start =
Fedora's xmonad-start script starts up xmonad and
displays a welcome dialog when initially run.
With the xmonad, xmonad-config, or xmonad packages installed,
xmonad-start will create a basic "~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs" file
configured for desktops, and pre-compile it if necessary.
= Configuration references =
- xmonad man-page
- /usr/share/doc/xmonad-$version/xmonad.hs (default upstream configuration)
- XMonad wiki: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad
(detailed configuration information and examples)
- http://xmonad.org/ website
= Bluetile =
New users may find the Bluetile window manager built on top of
xmonad-contrib a gentler introduction to xmonad and tiling.